8.27.2010

Officer Joaquin





So I came downstairs to find Joaquin covered in stickers, and mom handing him more saying, "here's your badge, here's your cell, here's your hat..." and Joaquin putting everything in it's appropriate place. His hat is on his head, his cell is in his shirt pocket, and his "boomers" are in his hands. This was also the first time I realized he knew what guns were. He asked for a "boomer", and mom and I both looked at each other and said, "what...?" He said he needed a "boomer" so he could "boom people". Oh sweet jesus. I guess it's good that it's a year later and he 1) still thinks guns are called "boomers" and 2) rarely, if ever, feels the need to "boom" anyone. Can you tell I'm so not prepared to deal with this aspect of boyhood?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home